Contemporary & Traditional Architecture
July 26, 2013
The architecture of particular time and culture can be perceived to act as an ideal mirror that can reflect a proper understanding about the way in which the society has developed over the years. In simple words, it presents a clear insight into all the latest developments a society has witnessed with the times.
In fact, architecture also aids in predicting the type of tradition a nation has followed over a specific period of time. With their unmatchable design skills and creative ideas, professional architects
help in shaping a nation in the most beautiful way, and make it the best place for living.
The field of architecture and interior design has seen many considerable changes over the years just like any other fields. The creative, nurturing ideas of some of the world-famous architects has paved way to the development of many artistic monuments all around the world.
If you closely look at the architecture history, you can easily make out the shift that has taken place from the traditional architecture practice to today's modern practice. However, the elegance and the richness that traditional architecture designs can bring to a building structure is still well-admired by many architecture enthusiasts all over the world.
Here we are making an effort to discuss in brief about both traditional as well as contemporary/modern architecture practice by emphasizing on their importance.
Qualities of Contemporary Architecture
Qualities of Traditional Architecture
- Today's modern architects have access to several advanced software tools and methodologies which makes the entire construction to go in a smooth, systematic way. There are little chances for uncertainties in modern architecture as property owners could see the final design well in advance during the initial stage in the form of 3D renderings.
- Before commencing with the construction process, modern architecture allows property owners to make all the necessary changes as per their requirements, and thereby helps them to develop their dream houses or offices in the way they want.
- Advances in construction technology are enabling faster construction for usually higher rise and complex structures due to shortage of land. Less material is used to achieve more efficient structures and buildings thanks to advance computing.
- Multiple functions are being accommodated in the same project for eg malls have office spaces, restaurants, food courts and cinemas all in one place.
- Greater freedom and multiple choices availability to the end user.
- Traditional architecture at the core gives utmost importance to the styles and normal customs that are in practice by the people residing in a region. It normally acts as a mirror to nation's widespread traditions and customs.
- The major characteristics of traditional architecture includes sheer commitment of architects to maintain a strong link to building's past styles, reuse of building materials, and designing building and homes in such a way to stay consistent with the standard building designs of a given region/area.
- Architects who are practicing traditional architecture greatly help the property owners to develop a sense of connection and continuity to the past. They will have the expertise to help any given region to maintain its own unique traditional look and feel, and make it a better place to live for its residents.
- People who would love to maintain a link to their past always prefer to make use of traditional architecture practice while constructing their new building structures so that their regional heritage continues.